There’s no such thing as forever young because whether people like it or not, they are heading to the same direction: aging. And aging takes a great toll on the skin. No matter how one is comfortable with the idea of aging, deep down inside, you want to age gracefully and see a little resemblance of your old beauty. But while aging is inevitable, there is something that can be done about it that does not require going nuts over million products or spending million of dollars on Botox and the like. There are hosts of natural skin creams that can help you look good and maybe cut a few years back.
However, not all creams are made the same (as they are supposed to), some are made of synthetic ingredients that could have adverse effect, if not make any difference at all on your skin condition, while others have a great promise of cutting back the years with their all natural ingredients.
Unlike the skin creams that have been invading the market, an all natural skin cream limits itself of unnecessary chemicals, fillers, synthetic dyes, parabens and additives and focuses instead on a mix of natural and organic ingredients.
1. Argan Oil – This dubbed “liquid gold” from Morocco is a vitamin E –rich oil that can be found in all natural skin creams. Argan oil is mostly used in skin cream for eczema, psoriasis, wrinkles, and dry skin as its vitamin E- enriched oil which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects which soothes skin issues like these.
2. Soy – The benefit of soy was discovered when workers who handled soy in soybean factories noticed that their hands were smooth and even toned. Soy can help prevent pigmentation. And when mixed with licorice extracts, mulberry, and burberry extracts along with Vitamin C extracted from citrus fruits, soy has a more effective effect on fading brown spots. Soybean extracts are typically used in skin cream for dark spots as well in skin cream for psoriasis.
3. Rheidol – This ‘golden root’ from the Himalayas is good for people with sensitive skin. In a recent study, rhondiola or rhondeola is effective in skin cream for dry skin as it improves skin sensation and lessens skin dryness and flaking.
4. Resveratrol – This extract from wine and grape skins has a great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Animal studies suggest that resveratrol applied to skin can curb ultraviolet damage.
5. White tea – In a recent study, white tea was shown to help prevent the break-down of collagen and elastic, the proteins which aid in maintaining wrinkle-free and smooth skin. In addition, white tea extract also limits sunlight-incurred damage.
6. Acai berry – This palm tree native to Central and South Africa is hailed as a super food and it has been used as safe alternative to other oils used in beauty products. Acai berry is known for its high antioxidant and regenerative properties which are important in combating premature aging. Moreover, acai berry when infused in skin cream for psoriasis can be effective since the berry has anti-inflammatory effect and nutrients such as vitamins B and C and minerals which can heal skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema.
7. Green tea – The antioxidant quality of green tea is so potent that it disintegrates free radicals before it can cause harm in the body. It is also known for its ability to ward off skin cancer and signs of aging.
8. Coffee berry – This extract from the fleshy casing of the coffee bean is said to have antioxidant properties greater than berries, green tea, and pomegranates. Studies have shown that coffee berry can improve the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots and pigmentation, and skin sagging.
Why Use All Natural Skin Cream?
Beyond the fact that natural skin creams are perfect and effective alternatives to those chemically and synthetically-made beauty products, there are reasons why you should switch to all natural skin cream.
1. Earth-friendly – Products made synthetically can have adverse effects on the environment. The manufacturing of these chemical-laden health and beauty products release those chemicals and unnatural ingredients into the air and water. Meanwhile, when ingredients for all natural health and beauty creams are manufactured organically, fewer chemicals are released into the environment.
2. Non –irritant – Chemicals, synthetic dyes, fillers, and additives in beauty products such as creams can cause irritation, redness, inflammation, and even breakouts in the skin. Some people even have allergic reactions to chemicals commonly found in synthetically-produced products. This is because unnatural ingredients tend to be harsh on skin. Natural skin care creams, makeup and beauty products are gentler on skin and works well with the skin.
3. Gentle on the nose – Typically, traditional and conventional health and beauty products are infused with captivating fragrances. This is designed to cover the smell of harmful chemicals used in these products. These artificial fragrances including the covered-up chemical smells can cause headaches in many people. Natural beauty products do not have strong smells as they are made of natural ingredients. More often, natural products are scented with essential oils to provide an aromatic and therapeutic effect.
4. No side effects – Parabens are widely used as preservatives in cosmetic and health products. But parabens are synthetic and in some studies can mimic the body’s natural hormones. Moreover, parabens can pose allergic reactions to some people. Immediate concerns about the use of parabens in conventional health and beauty products include its alleged linkage to breast cancer although this has yet to be medically established. Moreover, parabens in beauty products can increase sun exposure by reacting to the ultraviolet rays leading to increased skin aging and DNA damage. Meanwhile, natural beauty products use natural preservatives such as grapefruit seed and lanolin which have little or no effect to the skin and the body.
5. Gentle over time – Unnatural and chemical-laden beauty products no doubt work better than all natural beauty products during the first stages. This is because of the strong chemicals infused in them. Over a course of time however, these chemicals can pose harmful effects in your body and may actually damage your skin. The natural products on the other hand are gentler and safer even when used for a long period of time and like their unnatural counterparts, can work as effectively in improving skin condition.
Skin creams are all over the market promising beauty and youthfulness in a jar. Although they promise stopping the clock a few beats and reclaiming the once-lost splendor, their chemicals and synthetic additives pronounce otherwise – harm. So, it is important to be very cautious on what to apply on your skin. All natural creams are emerging and they are good alternatives to their conventional counterparts. Like their synthetic counterparts, natural beauty products are effective albeit safer and gentler.